User Agreement – United Kingdom
This Agreement constitutes a legal agreement between you (“you” or “User”) and Cleanster.com Technologies, Inc. d/b/a (“Cleanster.com” or “us”). This Agreement governs your use of our services and platform that facilitates communications between Users offered through our website located a https://tidyapp.uk, as it may be modified, relocated, and/or redirected from time to time (the “Site”), and the mobile applications offered by us (the “Apps”). Our services, platform, Site, and Apps are collectively referred to as “Cleanster.com”.
By accessing, using, or registering with Cleanster.com or any portions thereof, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as we may publish from time to time. Please read this Agreement carefully. If you do not agree to accept and be bound by this Agreement, you must immediately stop using Cleanster.com. Cleanster.com’s acceptance is expressly conditioned upon your assent to this Agreement in its entirety. If this Agreement is considered an offer by us, acceptance is expressly limited to this Agreement.
By using Cleanster.com, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least of the legally required age in the jurisdiction in which you reside and are otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts; and (ii) you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that you will so abide. Where you enter into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other organization, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to act on behalf of that entity and to bind that entity to this Agreement.
Your agreement that either party may compel binding arbitration for most types of disputes and your agreement to submit an informal dispute resolution process for at least 30 days before the initiation of any claim (Section 18).
Your agreement that no claims can be adjudicated on a class basis (Section 18).
Your agreement that Cleanster.com is provided “as is” and without warranty (Section 15).
Your agreement that Cleanster.com is solely a communications platform providing a method for Professional Services to be booked, that all Professional Services are performed by third parties, and that Cleanster.com has no liability for any Professional Services or any acts or omissions of third parties (Sections 1 and 15), with the exception of Cleanster.com’s Happiness Guarantee (Section 3(d)).
Your agreement that Cleanster.com’s Happiness Guarantee is limited to Payments paid by Requesters through Cleanster.com (Section 3(d)).
Your acknowledgment of an agreement to pay Cleanster.com’s Trust and Support Fee that will be applied to each appointment of a Professional Service requested through Cleanster.com (Section 3(e)).
Your acknowledgment of an agreement to Cleanster.com’s cancellation policies and cancellation fees (Section 4).
Your acknowledgment of an agreement to Cleanster.com’s cancellation policies and cancellation fees for a Cleaning Plan with a Minimum Commitment (Section 4(d))
Your agreement to release Cleanster.com from liability based on claims relating to Professional Services and otherwise (Section 15) and your agreement to the limitation of time within which a claim can be brought (Section 20).
Your agreement to indemnify Cleanster.com from claims due to your use, misuse, or inability to use Cleanster.com, the Merchandise and/or Professional Services, your violation of this Agreement, applicable laws or third party rights, and/or content or information submitted from your account to Cleanster.com (Section 16).
Your consent to any modifications or amendments to this Agreement (Section 21).
- Cleanster.com is Solely a Venue for Communications; Background Checks.
a. Cleanster.com is Solely a Venue for Communications: Cleanster.com is a communications platform for enabling the connection between individuals seeking to obtain services (“Requesters”) and/or individuals seeking to provide services (“Professionals”). Requesters and Professionals together are referred to as “Users”. Those certain services requested by the Requesters, which are to be completed by the Professionals, are hereinafter referred to as “Professional Services”. The Professional Services may include the delivery and/or assembly of furniture and/or other items (“Merchandise”) but shall not be deemed to include the Merchandise itself. Cleanster.com does not itself provide Professional Services or Merchandise. The provision of all Professional Services is up to the Professionals, which may be scheduled through the use of Cleanster.com. CLEANSTER.COM, THROUGH CLEANSTER.COM, OFFERS INFORMATION AND A METHOD TO OBTAIN SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE BUT DOES NOT AND DOES NOT INTEND TO PROVIDE SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE ITSELF OR ACT IN ANY WAY AS A RETAILER OR MANUFACTURER OR AS A CLEANING, CLEANSTER.COM, OR OTHER HOME-RELATED OR MOVING-RELATED SERVICE PROVIDER, AND HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED TO THE REQUESTER BY PROFESSIONALS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF GOOD AND WORKMANLIKE SERVICES, WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE. CLEANSTER.COM IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, ENDORSED, OR SPONSORED BY ANY THIRD-PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER OR RETAILER.
b. Background Checks: Cleanster.com checks the backgrounds of Professionals via third-party background check services to the extent permitted by applicable law. However, each Requester should exercise caution and common sense to protect its safety and property, just as you would when interacting with any person whom you do not know. BY USING CLEANSTER.COM, THE REQUESTER AGREES TO HOLD CLEANSTER.COM FREE FROM THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE OUT OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES. CLEANSTER.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER, INCLUDING PROFESSIONALS, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, INJURY, OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICES.
2. Personal Information; User Accounts.
b. Account, Password, and Security: You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username, password, and account provided by you or us for accessing Cleanster.com. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, except that Cleanster.com may, in certain circumstances, access your account to make changes that you request, such as rescheduling a Service appointment. Cleanster.com has no control over the use of any User’s account by the User or third parties and expressly disclaims any liability derived therefrom. Should you suspect any unauthorized party may be using your password or account or any other breach of security, you must contact us immediately at help.cleanster.com. Nothing in this section shall affect Cleanster.com’s rights to limit or terminate the use of Cleanster.com, as provided below in section 4(b).
c. Proof of Identity: You will provide us with such proof of identity as we may reasonably request from time to time.
d. Text Messages and Phone Calls: By providing your phone number and using Cleanster.com, you agree that we may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, use your mobile phone number for calls and, if such phone number is a mobile number, for text (SMS) messages, in order to assist with facilitating the requested Professional Services. Standard call or message charges or other charges from your phone carrier may apply to calls or text (SMS) messages we send you. You may opt out of receiving text (SMS) messages from us by replying with the word “STOP” to a text message from us. You acknowledge that opting out of text (SMS) messages may impact your ability to use Cleanster.com. You agree to Cleanster.com’s use of a service provider to mask your telephone number when you call or exchange text (SMS) messages with a Service Professional or Service Requestor on Cleanster.com using a telephone number provided by Cleanster.com. Cleanster.com also masks the telephone number of the Service Requestor or Service Professional with whom you are communicating. During this process, Cleanster.com and its service provider will receive in real-time and store call data, including the date and time of the call or text (SMS) message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the text (SMS) messages. You agree to the masking process described above and to Cleanster.com’s use and disclosure of this call data for its legitimate business purposes.
e. Emails: Cleanster.com may send you a confirmation and other transactional emails regarding the Professional Services. Cleanster.com may also send you emails about services that we think might interest you (“Promotional Emails”). You can unsubscribe from Promotional Emails at any time by clicking unsubscribe in our email communications or contacting us.
3. Payments; Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee; Claims.
a. Payments: Users of Cleanster.com contract for Professional Services directly with other Users. Cleanster.com is not a party to any contracts for Professional Services. Cleanster.com facilitates these contracts by supplying a medium through which Requesters can connect with Professionals, schedule Professional Services, and make payments for Professional Services (“Payments”). Requesters are obligated to pay in advance for the Professional Services and/or Merchandise they order through Cleanster.com. We will charge the Requester’s credit card according to the amount the Requester has agreed to on Cleanster.com with respect to all Professional Services and/or Merchandise the Requester has ordered, and for all purchases and payments for reimbursement costs, fees, or expenses associated with a Professional Service as well as the Trust and Support Fee (as defined in 3(e) below), and the Requester hereby authorizes us to charge the credit card on file in the Requester’s Cleanster.com account for such amounts. We will use third-party services to process credit card information. By accepting this Agreement, you are giving Cleanster.com (or a third-party payment processor on Cleanster.com’s behalf) permission to charge your on-file credit card, debit card, or other approved methods of payment for fees that you owe Cleanster.com. Depending on the transaction you selected or the services requested, Cleanster.com may charge you on a one-time or recurring basis. All information that you provide in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with the Professional Services must be accurate, complete, and current. You agree to pay all charges incurred by users of your credit card, debit card, or other payment method used in connection with a purchase or transaction or other monetary transaction interaction with Cleanster.com at the prices in effect when such charges are incurred. In our sole discretion, we retain the right to place a hold on the Requester’s credit card for an ordered or completed Professional Service transaction. Seventy-two (72) hours after a Professional Service is completed, if there is no complaint by the Requester, we will mark the Professional Service as closed. If the Requester has agreed with the Professional to extend or reduce the hours in or to reschedule a requested Professional Service, the Requester bears the responsibility for notifying Cleanster.com. Requesters must notify Cleanster.com either by changing the date or hours of the requested Professional Service through Cleanster.com or by visiting the Cleanster.com Help Center at help.cleanster.com. All Payments by Requesters must be made through Cleanster.com. Any Payments paid outside of Cleanster.com are not subject to our Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee in Section 3(d). Except for the Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee in Section 3(d) and the Refund Policy in Section 3(e), no refunds or credits will be provided once the Requester’s credit card has been charged, except at our sole discretion, refunds or credits may be granted in extenuating circumstances, as a result of specific promotions, or to correct any errors we have made. While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all credit card and all other personal information, we expressly disclaim any liability for any damage that may result should any information be released to any third parties, and you agree to hold us harmless for any damages that may result therefrom. Requesters will be liable for all transaction taxes on the Professional Service(s) provided (other than taxes based on Cleanster.com’s income).
b. Job Rate: The hourly rate for a Professional Service (“Job Rate”) depends on factors such as location and how frequently a Recurrent Service is ordered, and payment terms may increase. Therefore, the same Professional Service may cost more in a different location or if the Professional Service is ordered less frequently. However, you will be notified prior to any such payment increase with sufficient notice to enable you to cancel the Recurrent Service as set forth herein.
c. Recurrent Service: When requesting a Professional Service, Requesters may have the option of choosing that the Professional Service be repeated on a regular basis (“Recurrent Service”). For example, a Requester may choose that cleaning is performed every two weeks. When a Requester chooses a Recurrent Service, Cleanster.com will automatically schedule that Recurrent Service to occur on future dates indefinitely at the frequency requested by Requester. The requester’s credit card will be charged the same non-promotional amount, as originally disclosed to the Requester at the time of the signing up for Recurring Service, for the Recurrent Service as the Professional Service appointments occur, and for any applicable cancellation fees. Cleanster.com cannot guarantee that the same Professional will be available for each Recurrent Service appointment or that Recurrent Service appointments will not be canceled. Requesters may cancel the Recurrent Service at any time by visiting the Cleanster.com Help Center at help.Cleanster.com. Requesters must cancel more than twenty-four hours prior to the Professional Service in order to avoid being charged any cancellation fees for the next Professional Service. After signing up for a Recurrent Service, you will be provided an e-mail acknowledgment which includes information on how to cancel.
d. Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee.
i. Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee is available to Requesters and is the sole liability of cleanster.com to Requesters for the performance of Professional Services. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the initial Professional Service requested and paid for through Cleanster.com, then Cleanster.com will send another Professional to re-perform the Professional Service ordered at no additional charge to the Requester.
ii. Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee also provides certain limited additional protections. Pursuant to the Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee and subject to the below conditions and limitations, Cleanster.com will compensate Requesters: (a) up to £1,000 per occurrence for losses arising from property damage as a direct result of the negligence of a Professional during the performance of a Professional Service; or (b) Requesters up to £500 for losses arising from the theft of a Requester’s property by a Professional during the performance of a Professional Service. The Service Requester is eligible for the Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee provided that the Requester reports the issue within seventy-two (72) hours of the Professional Service appointment to our Requester service by visiting the Cleanster.com Help Center at help.cleanster.com. For Recurring Services, each Professional Service is treated as a separate occurrence.
iii. Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee – Conditions & Exclusions; Your Primary Insurance. If you carry insurance that would cover you in the event of a claim, such as a renter’s insurance, homeowner’s insurance, automobile insurance, or an umbrella policy (“Personal Insurance”), You agree that your Personal Insurance is primary and Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee is secondary. Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee will only compensate for losses to the extent not otherwise covered by Your Personal Insurance.
iv. Coverage Under Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee. A Requester will be covered under the Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee for every Professional Service, subject to the exclusions below provided:
The Professional Service is agreed to between a Requester and a Service Professional through Cleanster.com, performed by the Service Professional hired by the Requester, and paid for in full through Cleanster.com;
You have reported the claim within 72 hours of the Professional Service; and
Your Cleanster.com account is in good standing with no outstanding balances owed to Cleanster.com or Professionals.
v. What is excluded from the Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee? The “Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee” does not cover the following:
Losses arising out of acts of nature, including, but not limited to, pollution, earthquakes, and weather-related events such as hurricanes and tornadoes;
Losses arising out of interruption of business, loss of market, loss of income, and/or loss of use;
Losses for property damage and theft exceeding the original value and/or replacement value for such property, less any standard depreciation;
Losses arising from the negligence of a Requester or third party;
Losses arising from a manufacturer’s or a product’s defects;
Losses from pre-existing damages or conditions of the item or property;
Losses arising from items supplied by the Requester or due to Requester recommendations (e.g., if a manufacturer recommends affixing furniture to a wall and a Requester declines to have furniture affixed, etc.);
Losses arising from flooding and/or water damage, including mold, fungi, or bacteria;
losses arising from products containing hazardous or harmful materials, acts of terrorism, product liability, or pollution;
Losses of cash, third-party gift cards, and securities;
Losses as a result of theft of property in excess of £500 or any other intentional wrongful act by a Professional;
Losses arising from normal wear and tear;
Losses for items that retain their functionality;
Losses based on sentimental and/or undocumented intangible value;
Losses related to repairs outside of the area where the Professional Services were performed;
Losses of pets, personal liability, or damage to shared or common areas;
Losses arising from shipping costs and/or shipping of replacement items and/or taxes incurred in purchasing the original and/or replacement items;
Losses of theft without a valid police report, if requested by Cleanster.com, and losses with insufficient documentation.
vi. How do I submit a Claim? The first report of a claim must be made 72 after booking occurs. After the first report, you will be asked to complete the full claim form within 7 days of receipt. We urge you to read through these terms and conditions prior to submitting a claim. All claims will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. During Cleanster.com’s claims assessment process, you may be required to provide written detailed: (i) proof of ownership of the damaged/missing item, (ii) proof of value of the damaged/missing item, and (iii) proof of damage or loss. If such information is requested, you will have 30 days from the date of the request to send Cleanster.com the requested information. If You fail to provide the requested information within the 30-day time period and/or fail to contact Cleanster.com to arrange for an extension of time, your claim will be considered closed. You also agree to: (i) protect and preserve any damaged property that is the basis of a claim from further damage, (ii) assist and allow Cleanster.com or its insurers access to inspect and make copies, photographs, and recordings of anything relating to the claim, (iii) accept repairs and/or remediation by a Professional, (iv) accept a replacement only if repairs are proven not to be an option, (v) submit requested materials by the dates outlined by the Cleanster.com resolutions team, and (vi) accept a replacement item subject to the standard depreciation of that item.
If any part of Your claim is approved, then as a condition to any payment to You under the Cleanster.com Happiness Guarantee, You will be required to execute and deliver to Cleanster.com a release agreement and assign to Cleanster.com or its insurer any rights and remedies you may have to recover amounts paid to you with respect to an approved claim from any party that is financially responsible for the approve claims and any rights in any property that is recovered.
e. Cleanster.com Trust and Support Fee: Cleanster.com may assess an additional “Trust and Support Fee” to support Cleanster.com, including costs related to background checks, insurance, customer support, and related services provided to you by Cleanster.com. The Trust and Support Fee will be applied to each appointment of a Professional Service requested through Cleanster.com (e.g., if you requested a Recurrent Service, a Trust and Support Fee may be assessed on each Recurrent Service appointment). The amount of the Trust and Support Fee may vary but shall be retained by Cleanster.com in its entirety.
4. Term and Termination: Cancellation of Professional Services; Survival.
a. Term: This Agreement shall continue in full force and effect until such time as it is terminated by you or by us.
b. Termination by Cleanster.com: To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may terminate this Agreement or terminate or suspend your right to use Cleanster.com at any time for any or no reason (including, without limitation, in the event that we believe that you have breached this Agreement or any policy posted on the Cleanster.com, or if we otherwise find that you have engaged in inappropriate and/or offensive behavior (collectively, “Prohibited Conduct”)) by providing you with written or email notice of such termination to the physical or email address you have provided us, and termination will be effective immediately upon such notice. Except in the event that we terminate or suspend your right to use Cleanster.com due to any Prohibited Conduct, we will refund in full any payments for Professional Services that have not been performed or completed. If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name or email address, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party. In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress without limitation. When terminating your account, Cleanster.com may delete the account and all the information in it. You have no ownership rights to your account.
c. Termination by You: You may terminate this Agreement by completely and permanently ceasing to use Cleanster.com (provided that there are no outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account) and by closing any account you have opened on Cleanster.com. If you attempt to terminate this Agreement while there are still outstanding Professional Services ordered under your password or account, this Agreement shall not terminate until such Professional Services have been performed or otherwise canceled as permitted by Cleanster.com.
d. Cleaning Plan with a Minimum Commitment: If You have selected a cleaning plan with a minimum commitment, you will be subject to and charged a $150 cancellation fee should You elect to terminate the cleaning plan prior to the expiration of the minimum commitment period.
(i) Minimum Commitment Plan Term: Your minimum commitment plan term commences on your first booking date.
(ii) Minimum Commitment Plan Cancellation Fee: If You have selected a cleaning plan with a minimum commitment, You will be subject to and charged a cancellation fee of up to $150 in the US and CAN, should You elect to terminate the cleaning plan prior to the expiration of Your minimum commitment period.
(iii) Rescheduling Cleaning Plan Bookings during the Minimum Commitment Period: You can reschedule any cleaning plan Booking for free at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time, provided such rescheduled Booking will occur within the minimum commitment period. If You reschedule between 2-24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, you will be charged a $15 fee. If You reschedule during the 2 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, you will be charged the full Professional Service amount. If you skip any cleaning plan Booking within the minimum commitment period or reschedule any cleaning plan Booking within the minimum commitment period to outside of the minimum commitment period, Your credit card will be charged for the amount of the booking, and in addition, Your account will be credited the amount you are charged. Such credit will be available for your use during the minimum commitment period only as a credit to use to book one-off replacement cleaning bookings or Cleanster.com bookings, and after the minimum commitment period ends, you may apply such credits to cleaning bookings, and Cleanster.com bookings. No monetary refunds will be provided for cleaning plan Bookings that are skipped within the minimum commitment period or any cleaning plan Booking within the minimum commitment period that is rescheduled outside of the minimum commitment period. In addition to the foregoing, if You skip any cleaning plan Booking between 2-24 hours before a scheduled appointment, You will also be charged an additional $15 cancellation fee, and if You skip any cleaning plan Booking during the 2 hours before a scheduled appointment, You will be charged the full amount of the Booking, and will not be eligible for any credit.
(iv) Expiration of Cleaning Plan with Minimum Commitment: Once Your minimum commitment period is complete, your selected plan will remain active, and Professionals will continue to be scheduled and charged to your credit card based on your selected time and frequency. You may cancel your plan in accordance with the cancellation policy set forth in 4(e) below.
e. Cancellation Policy for Service Cancellation by Requester of Cleaning Plans without a Minimum Commitment and Cleaning Plans after the Minimum Commitment period is completed. Cleanster.com’s cancellation policy specific Professional Services is as follows: Requesters may cancel their scheduled Professional Service appointments through Cleanster.com at any time, subject to the following. If a Requester cancels more than 24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, there is no cancellation fee. If a Requester cancels between 2-24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Requester will be charged a $15 cancellation fee. If the Requester cancels during the 2 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Requester will be charged the full Professional Service amount. This cancellation policy applies for one-time Professional Service bookings and recurring Professional Service appointments. A Professional Service appointment may be canceled through the Cleanster.com Help Center at help.cleanster.com
f. Policy for Service Cancellation by Requester: Cleanster.com’s cancellation policy (found at help.cleanster.com) for specific Professional Services is as follows: Requesters may cancel their scheduled Professional Service appointments through the Cleanster.com at any time, subject to the following. If a Requester cancels more than 24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, there is no cancellation fee. If a Requester cancels between 2-24 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Requester will be charged a $15 cancellation fee. If the Requester cancels during the 2 hours before a scheduled Professional Service appointment, the Requester will be charged the full Professional Service amount. This cancellation policy applies for one-time Professional Service bookings and recurring Professional Service appointments. A Professional Service appointment may be canceled through Cleanster.com or through our website at Help.cleanster.com.
g. Policy for Service Cancellation by Professional: When a Professional cancel a scheduled Professional Service appointment, Cleanster.com generally notifies the Requester and makes the Requester’s Professional Service request available for another Professional to select. However, Cleanster.com cannot guarantee that a canceled Professional Service appointment will be selected by another Professional and rescheduled or that the Professional Service request will be completed. For Recurrent Service Requesters, if a Professional Service appointment is canceled by a Professional, Requester will not be charged for that Professional Service appointment. Professionals who cancel a scheduled Professional Service appointment may incur fees as provided in the Service Agreement.
h. Survival: All provisions that should by their nature survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement, including, without limitation, Sections 8, 10, and 14-22, shall so survive.
6. Submission Areas: Cleanster.com may contain blogs, message boards, applications, opportunities to provide reviews, job postings, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, and/or other message or communication facilities that allow Users to communicate with other Users and with Cleanster.com (collectively, “Submission Areas”). Some areas in the Submission Areas within Cleanster.com will be public, and Cleanster.com will not be responsible for any information or materials posted in such public areas. Cleanster.com may, at its discretion, publicly post submissions you submit to a non-public area of Cleanster.com. You may only use such Submission Areas to send and receive messages and material that are relevant and proper to the applicable forum, and that comply with this Agreement. “Your Information” is defined as any information and materials you provide to other Users or us in connection with your registration for and use of Cleanster.com, including, without limitation, information and materials that are posted or transmitted for use in Submission Areas. You are solely responsible for Your Information, and we are merely a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of Your Information. You hereby represent and warrant that Your Information: (a) will comply at all times with this Agreement, including but not limited to Section 7 (Rules for the use of the Cleanster.com) below, and with Section 2 (Personal Information; User Accounts) above; and (b) will not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our Internet Service Providers (ISPs), customers, or other partners or suppliers. You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute all of Your Information that is posted to Community Areas from or through your account on the Cleanster.com, including but not limited to all images, videos, musical works, and text included in such postings. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving Cleanster.com. We reserve the right to remove postings from Community Areas at our sole discretion.
7. Rules for the use of Cleanster.com: During the term of this Agreement, Requesters may use Cleanster.com for their personal use only (or for the use of a person, including a company or other organization that they validly represent). Requesters may use Cleanster.com to book Professional Services solely with respect to a location where the Requester is legally authorized to have Professional Services performed. Requesters may not use Cleanster.com for any other purposes or in connection with any commercial endeavors whatsoever without our express prior written consent. Requesters agree that an order for Professional Services is an offer, which is only accepted when the Requester receives a confirmation of the order. Requesters agree to treat Professionals courteously and lawfully, to provide a safe and appropriate working environment for them that is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and to provide reasonable cooperation to Professionals to enable them to supply Professional Services. Requesters agree to communicate any complaints to us and not to the Professionals. Requesters agree to comply with our complaint and other policies designated on the Site. Requesters acknowledge that their selected Professional may be unavailable from time to time, e.g., due to illness, vacation, or leaving Cleanster.com. Professionals agree to provide Professional Services in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and with the Service Agreement. You shall NOT use Cleanster.com (including but not limited to any Submission Areas) to do any of the following:
a. Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan horses, corrupted files, or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
b. Upload files that contain software or other material that violates the intellectual property rights or rights of privacy or publicity of any third party.
c. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity) of others, including but not limited to our staff and other Users.
d. Post a review or rating unless such review or rating contains your independent, honest, genuine opinion.
e. Use Cleanster.com or any Professional Service for any purpose or in any manner that violates local, state, provincial, national, or international law.
f. Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any profane, defamatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, threatening, or unlawful topics, names, materials, or information, or any materials, information, or content that involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items.
g. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose or solicit employment or contract work which is not relevant to services offered through Cleanster.com. You may not solicit, advertise for, or contact in any form Users for employment, contracting, or any other purpose not related to Professional Services facilitated through Cleanster.com without express written permission from us.
h. Use Cleanster.com to collect or harvest usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means without our express prior written consent.
i. Conduct, send or forward e-mails or other electronic communications, including promotions, advertising of products or services, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters.
j. Impersonate another person or allow any other person or entity to use your identification to post, view comments, or otherwise use your account.
k. Post the same note repeatedly (referred to as ‘spamming’). Spamming is strictly prohibited.
l. Download any file posted by another User that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed through Cleanster.com, or post or upload any content to which you have not obtained any necessary rights or permissions to use accordingly.
m. Restrict or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying Cleanster.com.
n. Imply or state that any statements you make are endorsed by us without our prior written consent.
o. Reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, modify, adapt, license, sublicense, alter, copy, distribute, hack or interfere with Cleanster.com, its servers, or any connected networks, use a robot, spider, manual, and/or automatic processes or devices to data-mine, data-crawl, scrape or index the Cleaanster.com in any manner, or attempt to do any of the foregoing.
p. Remove or alter, visually or otherwise, any copyrights, trademarks, or proprietary marks and rights owned by us.
q. Upload content that is offensive and/or harmful, including, but not limited to, content that advocates, endorses, condones, or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any individual or group of individuals.
r. Upload content that provides materials or access to materials that are obscene, adult, or sexual, or that exploit anyone, and in particular people under the age of majority, in an abusive, violent or sexual manner.
s. Register to use Cleanster.com under different usernames or identities after your account has been suspended or terminated.
t. Mirror or archive any part of Cleanster.com or any content or material contained on Cleanster.com without Cleanster.com’s written permission.
u. Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting or providing false or misleading representations in the sender information, subject line, locator, or content of any electronic message.
v. Alter transmission data without Cleanster.com’s consent.
8. Employment and Withholding: Users do not have the authority to enter into contracts or commitments, whether written or oral, implied or express, on behalf of Cleanster.com. You acknowledge that we do not supervise, direct, or control a Professional’s work or Professional Services performed in any manner. Professionals may wear a Cleanster.com badge or other Cleanster.com insignia purely for the purpose of identifying themselves as a Professional contacted through Cleanster.com. Cleanster.com is not an employment service and does not serve as an employer of any Professional. As such, we will not be liable for any tax or withholding, including but not limited to unemployment insurance, employer’s liability, United Kingdom Pension Plan, or payroll withholding tax in connection with your use of Professional Services. You understand and agree that if we are found to be liable for any tax or withholding tax in connection with your use of Professional Services, then you will immediately reimburse and pay us an equivalent amount, including any interest or penalties thereon.
9. Special Promotions; Gift Cards and Vouchers.
a. Changes to Promotions. We may, from time to time, provide certain promotional opportunities to Requesters. All promotions will be run at our sole discretion and can be activated, modified, or removed at any time by us without advance notification.
b. Referral Credits: In the event that you are given a code through which you may refer a friend to Cleanster.com in exchange for a referral credit, you shall not use any online marketing or advertising to promote such code or to artificially increase the number of credits awarded. By way of example, you may not post, or cause, request or permit a third party to post any such code on a coupon website, nor use any paid search marketing, online advertising, forum posting, newsgroup posting, or bulk email to disseminate such code. You may only share such code with your personal friends and acquaintances for legitimate referral purposes, as determined by us in our sole discretion. Cleanster.com referral credits are redeemable only for Professional Services. Cleanster.com referral credits have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash unless otherwise required by law. Without limiting our other rights and remedies, we may terminate such code and/or your account for any breach of this Section. For questions or additional information, contact us at help.cleanster.com.
i. Cleanster.com vouchers or promotional codes for special offers or discounts (“Vouchers”) may be available and can be used to pay in part or in full for Professional Services.
ii. You agree that you will only use one Voucher per person and will use Vouchers in accordance with the Voucher terms and conditions.
iii. You agree that you will comply with all Voucher terms and conditions.
iv. Use of Vouchers is further subject to the below terms and conditions regarding Gift Cards
d. Gift Cards.
i. Cleanster.com Gift Cards (“Gift Cards”) are redeemable only for Professional Service. Gift Cards have no cash value and are not redeemable for cash unless otherwise required by law.
ii. Gift Cards must be presented at the time of purchase, and any available balance will be applied to your purchase.
iii. Gift Cards do not expire, and there are no inactivity, dormancy, or service fees associated with Gift Cards.
iv. You agree to comply with all Gift Card terms and conditions.
v. Gift Cards are not replaceable if lost or stolen and cannot be combined with any other Gift Cards, Vouchers, gift certificates, or other coupons.
vi. Gift Cards cannot be used for previous purchases, credits, or the purchase of Gift Cards, and cannot be used to make a payment towards third-party items the balance on a credit card.
vii. We reserve the right to limit quantities of Gift Cards purchased by any person or entity and to cancel a Gift Card if we believe that the Gift Card was obtained through fraudulent or unauthorized means. Specifically, you may not purchase or obtain more than £200 in Gift Card value in any one day, regardless of location, whether on a single Gift Card or multiple Gift Cards. Moreover, you may not purchase or obtain any one Gift Card with a value of more than £200 in any one day.
viii. No credit card, credit line, overdraft protection, or deposit account is associated with your Gift Card. Unused Gift Card balances are not transferable, and you may not sell a Gift Card or otherwise barter for its exchange, although you may give a Gift Card to someone else as a gift.
ix. A Gift Card is void if copied, altered, transferred, purchased, or sold.
x. Purchases of Gift Cards are final and not refundable. All sales are final.
xi. We reserve the right to correct the balance of a Gift Card if we believe that a billing error has occurred, and we disclaim all liability for any such billing errors.
xiii. In the event you do not use your Gift Card for a certain period of time, we may be required to turn over the remaining Gift Card balance to a state under such a state or province’s unclaimed or abandoned property law. Although your Gift Card does not expire, if we are obligated to turn over the remaining balance of your Gift Card under a state or province’s unclaimed property law, by operation of law, we will be released from any further liability or obligation with respect to your Gift Card, and you may be required to contact the state or province’s unclaimed property administrator to attempt to recover your unused Gift Card balance. To protect your right to continue to use your remaining Gift Card balance, we will make reasonable efforts to exempt your Gift Card from state unclaimed property laws.
10. Intellectual Property Rights: Cleanster.com, and the information, data, content, and materials which it contains (“Cleanster.com Materials”), are the property of Cleanster.com and/or its affiliates and licensors, excluding User-generated content, which Cleanster.com has a right to use as described below. Cleanster.com Materials are protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States and Canadian copyright law, trademark law, international conventions, and other intellectual property laws. Cleanster.com and/or its affiliates and licensors are and shall continue to be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, titles, and interests in and to all intellectual property rights associated with Cleanster.com Materials. Any use of Cleanster.com Materials other than as expressly permitted herein is prohibited without the prior permission of Cleanster.com and/or the relevant right holder. The service marks and trademarks of Cleanster.com, including, without limitation, https://cleanster.com.uk, and the Cleanster.com logo, are service marks owned by Cleanster.com. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, and/or trade names appearing on Cleanster.com are the property of their respective owners. You may not copy or use any of the marks, logos, or trade names appearing on Cleanster.com without the express prior written consent of the owner.
11. Copyright Complaints and Copyright Agent: Cleanster.com respects the intellectual property of others and expects Users to do the same. Cleanster.com will respond to properly submitted notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. In the event that a person or entity has a good faith belief that any materials provided on or in connection with Cleanster.com infringe upon that person’s or entity’s copyright or other intellectual property rights (such person or entity, a “Complainant”) and sends Cleanster.com a properly submitted copyright notice as indicated below, Cleanster.com will investigate, and if it determines, in its discretion, that the material is infringing, Cleanster.com will remove the content and may terminate the access of the User who posted such content to the Cleanster.com in the case of repeat infringers. All notices claiming an infringement of copyright rights must contain the following:
(i) Identification of the intellectual property right that is allegedly infringed. All relevant registration numbers, or a statement concerning the Complainant’s ownership of the work, should be included.
(ii) A statement specifically identifying the location of the infringing material, with enough detail that Cleanster.com may find it on Cleanster.com. Please note it is not sufficient to provide a top-level URL merely.
(iii) The complete name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address of the Complainant.
(iv) A statement that the Complainant has a good faith belief that the use of the allegedly infringing material is not authorized by the owner of the rights, or its agents, or by law.
(v) A statement that the information contained in the notification is accurate, and under the penalty of perjury, Complainant is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other property rights that are allegedly infringed; (vi) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the intellectual property rights that are allegedly being infringed.
Cleanster.com’s contact information for notice of alleged copyright infringement is:
12. The App / Mobile Devices
a. Cleanster.com may allow you to access our services, download our Apps, upload content to Cleanster.com, and receive messages on your mobile device (collectively “Mobile Features”). Your mobile device carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Mobile Features, and certain Mobile Features may be incompatible with your mobile device carrier or mobile device. In addition, your mobile device carrier may charge you for standard messaging, data, and other fees to participate in Mobile Features. We have no responsibility or liability for any fees or charges you incur when using the Mobile Features. You should check with your mobile device carrier to find out whether any fees or charges will apply, what plans are available and how much they cost. You should also contact your mobile device carrier with any other questions regarding these issues.
b. You acknowledge that your use of the Apps is subject to any terms set forth in terms of service of the third party providing the mobile device on which the App operates (e.g., Apple iOS or Android).
c. Cleanster.com is not liable if you do not have a compatible mobile device or if you download the wrong version of an App for your mobile device. Cleanster.com reserves the right to terminate the use of the Apps or any other aspect of Cleanster.com should you be using the Apps or the Cleanster.com with an incompatible or unauthorized device.
d. App Store Sourced Application.
(i) With respect to Apps accessed through or downloaded from the Apple App Store (“App Store Sourced Application”), you will use the App Store Sourced Application only: (i) on an Apple-branded product that runs iOS (Apple’s proprietary operating system software); and (ii) as permitted by the “Usage Rules” set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service. Cleanster.com reserves all rights in and to the Apps not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
(ii) You acknowledge and agree that (i) this Agreement is valid between you and Cleanster.com only, and that Apple is not a party to this Agreement other than as third-party beneficiary as contemplated below, and (ii) Cleanster.com, not Apple, is solely responsible for the App Store Sourced Application and the Cleanster.com Content.
(iii) You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance or support services to you with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
(iv) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App Store Sourced Application.
(v) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and subject to the terms in this Agreement, you acknowledge that, solely as between Apple and Cleanster.com, Cleanster.com and not Apple is responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the App Store Sourced Application, or your possession and/or use thereof, including, but not limited, to (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the App Store Sourced Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(vi) Further, you agree that if the App Store Sourced Application, or your possession and use of the App Store Sourced Application, infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights, you will not hold Apple responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claims.
(vii) You acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement for App Store Sourced Applications and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement for App Store Sourced Applications against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
(viii) Without limiting any provisions of this Agreement, you must comply with all applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App Store Sourced Application.
a. Use of Lockbox: Cleanster.com sources or provides lockboxes to eligible Users based on geography and booking history. However, Cleanster.com is only sourcing or providing Users with lockboxes. Cleanstetr.com has no information about the lockbox codes except for the information inputted by the User via Cleanster.com at the User’s option. Cleanster.com strongly recommends changing the lockbox code after each service. The user assumes full responsibility for changing the lockbox code after each service and protecting the identity of the lockbox code from third-parties. User further covenants and agrees that you will not misuse or abuse the lockbox in any way.
b. No Control: Once the User acquires possession of the lockbox, Cleanster.com has no immediate or direct physical control over the use of the lockbox and assumes no liability for lockbox failure or any delay caused by lockbox failure or consequential damages.
c. Key Access: For your security, Cleanster.com depends on the User to provide and maintain accurate access inputs via Cleanster.com and will only reveal those inputs to Professionals who claim User’s bookings. Once your key is placed in the lockbox, you agree that your key may be accessed only by you and/or a Professional. You agree that you will not provide lockbox codes and/or access to any third-parties.
d. Permitted and Prohibited Uses: User agrees to only use the lockbox for lawful purposes. You agree to use the lockbox only in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws, regulations, and Cleanster.com’s policies and procedures. Cleanster.com reserves the right to investigate and take action against any User who, in Cleanster.com’s sole discretion, violates this provision. Such action may include, without limitation, removing User from Cleanster.com.
14. Modifications to Cleanster.com: We reserve the right in our sole discretion to review, improve, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, Cleanster.com or any content or information on Cleanster.com with or without notice. We will not be liable to any party for any modification or discontinuance of Cleanster.com.
15. Confidentiality: The term “Confidential Information” shall mean any and all of Cleanster.com’s trade secrets, confidential and proprietary information, personal information, and all other information and data of Cleanster.com that is not generally known to the public or other third parties who could derive value, economic or otherwise, from its use or disclosure. Cleanster.com contains secured components that are accessible only to those who have been granted a username and password by Cleanster.com. Information contained within the secure components of the Cleanster.com is confidential and proprietary. You acknowledge that Confidential Information (as hereinafter defined) is a valuable, special and unique asset of Cleanster.com and agree that you will not use Confidential Information other than as necessary for you to make use of Cleanster.com as expressly permitted by this Agreement and only during the term of this Agreement. You will not disclose or transfer (or seek to induce others to disclose or transfer) any Confidential Information for any purpose. You shall promptly notify Cleanster.com in writing of any circumstances which may constitute unauthorized disclosure, transfer, or use of Confidential Information. You shall implement reasonable technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to protect Confidential Information from loss or theft and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, transfer, modification, or use. You shall return all originals and any copies of any and all materials containing Confidential Information to Cleanster.com upon the termination of this Agreement for any reason whatsoever.
16. Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation on Liability.
a. USE OF THE CLEANSTER.COM IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE CLEANSTER.COM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER CLEANSTER.COM NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT CLEANSTER.COM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE IN OR THROUGH THE CLEANSTER.COM; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO ANY PROFESSIONAL’S REGISTRATION, PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATION OR LICENSE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE CLEANSTER.COM, OR AS TO THE TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, SUITABILITY, SAFETY, COMPLETENESS OR CONTENT OF THE SERVICES, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, OR ANY PRODUCTS, MERCHANDISE, CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF CLEANSTER.COM OR THIS AGREEMENT. ACCESS TO CLEANSTER.COM IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE AS A COURTESY. NEITHER CLEANSTER.COM NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF CLEANSTER.COM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE CONDUCT OF ANY REQUESTERS OR PROFESSIONALS). NEITHER CLEANSTER.COM NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE CLEANSTER.COM IS FREE FROM VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CLEANSTER.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES AND LICENSORS CAN NOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE ANY INFORMATION, PERSONAL OR OTHERWISE, SUPPLIED BY YOU WILL NOT BE MISAPPROPRIATED, INTERCEPTED, DELETED, DESTROYED, OR USED BY OTHERS.
b. NO LIABILITY: YOU AGREE NOT TO HOLD CLEANSTER.COM, ITS AFFILIATES, ITS LICENSORS, OR ANY OF SUCH PARTIES’ AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, CORPORATE PARTNERS, OR PARTICIPANTS (COLLECTIVELY, “MEMBERS”) LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOSSES, SUITS, CLAIMS, AND/OR CONTROVERSIES (COLLECTIVELY, “LIABILITIES”) THAT HAVE ARISEN OR MAY ARISE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, RELATING TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CLEANSTER.COM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITIES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION STALKING, HARASSMENT, ACTS OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE, AND LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL PROPERTY), SERVICES, ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY USER, ANY INSTRUCTION, ADVICE, ACT, OR SERVICE PROVIDED BY CLEANSTER.COM OR MEMBERS, AND ANY DESTRUCTION OF YOUR INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL CLEANSTER.COM OR ITS MEMBERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE CLEANSTER.COM OR ANY SERVICES OR MERCHANDISE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE SAME. CLEANSTER.COM AND ITS MEMBERS DO NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR FITNESS OF ANY WORK PERFORMED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CLEANSTER.COM, THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS, IT IS DETERMINED THAT CLEANSTER.COM OR ITS MEMBERS ARE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU TO CLEANSTER.COM DURING THE SIX (6) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE TIME SUCH CLAIM AROSE.
c. RELEASE: CLEANSTER.COM AND ITS MEMBERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS OF CLEANSTER.COM. CLEANSTER.COM IS ONLY A VENUE FOR CONNECTING USERS. TO THE EXTENT THAT CLEANSTER.COM CONNECTS A USER TO A THIRD-PARTY PROVIDER FOR THE PURPOSES OF PROVIDING MERCHANDISE HEREUNDER, CLEANSTER.COM WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE SUITABILITY, LEGALITY, OR ABILITY OF ANY THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, AND YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELEASE TIDY APP FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. BECAUSE CLEANSTER.COM IS NOT INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL CONTACT BETWEEN USERS OR IN THE COMPLETION OF ANY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE USERS, YOU RELEASE CLEANSTER.COM AND MEMBERS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, OR DAMAGES (ACTUAL, DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH DISPUTE.
d. ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMER. THE QUALITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR THE MERCHANDISE SCHEDULED OR REQUESTED THROUGH THE USE OF CLEANSTER.COM IS ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PROFESSIONAL WHO ULTIMATELY PROVIDES SUCH PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TO YOU AND/OR THE THIRD-PARTY MERCHANDISE PROVIDER. YOU UNDERSTAND, THEREFORE, THAT BY USING THE CLEANSTER.COM, YOU MAY BE EXPOSED TO PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND/OR MERCHANDISE THAT ARE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS, OFFENSIVE, HARMFUL TO MINORS, UNSAFE, OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE AND THAT YOU USE THE CLEANSTER.COM, AND SUCH PROFESSIONAL, AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OR CLEANSTER.COM CONSTITUTES, OR IS MEANT TO CONSTITUTE, ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IF YOU REQUIRE ADVICE IN RELATION TO ANY LEGAL, FINANCIAL OR MEDICAL MATTER, YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL.
BY USING CLEANSTER.COM, YOU AGREE THAT THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE REASONABLE. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THEY ARE REASONABLE, YOU MUST NOT USE CLEANSTER.COM.
YOU ACCEPT THAT, AS A CORPORATION, CLEANSTER.COMHAS AN INTEREST IN LIMITING THE PERSONAL LIABILITY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT BRING ANY CLAIM PERSONALLY AGAINST CLEANSTER.COM’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY DISPUTE, LOSS, OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT THE LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT WILL PROTECT THE CLEANSTER.COM’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, AND SUB-CONTRACTORS AS WELL AS CLEANSTER.COM.
EACH PARTY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE OTHER PARTY HAS ENTERED INTO THIS AGREEMENT RELYING ON THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY STATED HEREIN AND THAT THOSE LIMITATIONS ARE AN ESSENTIAL BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES.
17. Indemnification: You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Cleanster.com, its licensors, and each such party’s directors, officers, parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, employees, agents, attorneys, independent contractors, and vendors from and against any and all claims, losses, expenses, liabilities, damages or demands (including attorneys’ fees and costs incurred), in connection with or resulting from, directly or indirectly: (i) your use or misuse of or inability to use the Cleanster.com, any Merchandise and/or any Professional Service, (ii) your violation of this Agreement, (iii) your violation of any applicable law or regulation; (iv) your violation of the rights of another (including but not limited to Professionals), and (v) Your Information and content that you submit or transmit through the Cleanster.com. Cleanster.com reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification. You will not, in any event, settle any such claim or matter without the prior written consent of Cleanster.com.
18. Mutual Arbitration Agreement.
a. Informal Negotiations: To expedite resolution and reduce the cost of any dispute, controversy, or claim, past, present, or future, between you and Cleanster.com, including without limitation any dispute or claim related to or arising out of this Agreement (“Dispute”), you and Cleanster.com may attempt to negotiate any Dispute informally (the “Informal Negotiations”) before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such Informal Negotiations will commence upon written notice. Your address for any notices under this section is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to Cleanster.com. Cleanster.com’s address for such notices is firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Arbitration: If a Dispute is not resolved through Informal Negotiations, you and Cleanster.com agree to resolve any and all Disputes (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) through final and binding arbitration (“Arbitration Agreement”). This Arbitration Agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and evidences a transaction involving commerce. The arbitration will be commenced and conducted before a single arbitrator under the Commercial Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website (www.adr.org). Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation will be governed by the AAA Rules (and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules). If you are unable to pay such costs, Cleanster.com will pay all arbitration fees and expenses. Each party will pay the fees for his/her or its own attorneys, subject to any remedies to which that party may later be entitled under applicable law. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing. Additionally, the arbitrator, and not any federal, state, or local court or agency, shall have the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of this Arbitration Agreement. However, the preceding sentence shall not apply to the “Class Action Waiver” described in Section d below.
c. Excluded Disputes. You and Cleanster.com agree that the following Disputes are excluded from this Arbitration Agreement: (1) any Dispute seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of your or our intellectual property rights; (2) individual claims in small claims court; (3) any claim that an applicable federal statute expressly states cannot be arbitrated; and (4) any claim for injunctive relief.
d. Waiver of right to be a Plaintiff or class member in a class action.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, You and Cleanster.com agree to bring any Dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only and not as a class or collective action. There will be no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought, heard, or arbitrated as a class or collective action (“Class Action Waiver”). Regardless of anything else in this Arbitration Agreement and/or the applicable AAA Rules or AAA Consumer Rules, the interpretation, applicability, enforceability, or formation of the Class Action Waiver may only be determined by a court and not an arbitrator.
e. Rules/Standards Governing Arbitration Proceeding: A party who wishes to arbitrate a Dispute covered by this Arbitration Agreement must initiate an arbitration proceeding no later than the expiration of the statute of limitations that applicable law prescribes for the claim asserted. The arbitrator shall apply the statute of limitations that would have applied if the Dispute had been brought in court. The arbitrator may award any remedy to which a party is entitled under applicable law, but remedies shall be limited to those that would be available to a party in their individual capacity, and no remedies that otherwise would be available to an individual under applicable law will be forfeited. The arbitrator is without authority to apply any different substantive law. The parties have the right to conduct adequate civil discovery and present witnesses and evidence as needed to present their cases and defenses, and any dispute in this regard shall be decided by the arbitrator. The location of the arbitration proceeding shall take place in the city or county where you reside unless each party agrees otherwise. A court of competent jurisdiction shall have the authority to enter judgment upon the arbitrator’s decision/award.
f. Severability: You and Cleanster.com agree that if any portion of this section entitled “Mutual Arbitration Agreement” is found illegal or unenforceable, that portion will be severed, and the remainder of this Section 18 will be given full force and effect.
19. Governing Law; Jurisdiction: Except where required otherwise by law, this Agreement is governed and interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law.
20. Assignment: This Agreement may not be assigned or transferred by you without our prior written approval. We may assign or transfer this Agreement without your consent, including but not limited to assignments: (i) to a parent or subsidiary, (ii) to an acquirer of assets, or (iii) to any other successor or acquirer. Any assignment in violation of this section shall be null and void. This Agreement shall inure to the benefit of permitted successors and assigns.
21. General Provisions: No agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. A failure by us to enforce any provision(s) of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Cleanster.com with respect to its subject matter. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will be enforced to the fullest extent possible, and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in this Agreement, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any Dispute, claim or cause of action arising out of or related to this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such Dispute, claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. All notices provided by a party in connection with this Agreement will be deemed given as of the day they are received either by email, messenger, delivery service, or in the mail, postage prepaid, certified or registered, return receipt requested, and addressed as follows: Your address for such notices is your email address and/or physical address that you have provided to Cleanster.com. Cleanster.com’s address for such notices is email@example.com.The captions in this Agreement are solely for convenience and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. This Agreement shall not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties, and by means of a new posting by Cleanster.com, as described below. This Agreement shall be interpreted as if jointly drafted by the parties. Cleanster.com shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in performing its obligations in this Agreement where such failure or delay is caused by an event or circumstance beyond Cleanster.com’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs, and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, failure of Professionals to perform, flood, fire, explosion, acts of terrorism or accident.
22. Changes to this Agreement: We reserve the right, at our sole and absolute discretion, to change, modify, add to, supplement, or delete any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, effective with or without prior notice. If any future changes to this Agreement are unacceptable to you or cause you to no longer be in compliance with this Agreement, you must terminate and immediately stop using Cleanster.com. Your continued use of Cleanster.com following any revision to this Agreement constitutes your complete and irrevocable acceptance of any and all such changes.
23. Severability: These Terms shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
24. Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org